Thursday, February 14, 2008

Let Us Choose

I don't think my apprehension about the superdelegates can be attributed to paranoia. In my more cynical moments, I entertain the notion that the difference between Democrats and Republicans narrows by the minute. I do think Senator Clinton is closer to the Republican side than some of us would like. I also don't think it's any news that Democrats have been known to roll over on Black people.

Which is a long way of saying that I believe Obama is and will continue to be the people's choice. (The numbers bear me out.) Whether he will be the superdelegates' choice is up in the air. As of this moment, he is not.

MoveOn.org provides this petition imploring superdelegates to support the will of the people in nominating the Democratic presidential candidate.

No comments: